You know what I love? Masking. No. Not really. But it sure does pay off. I used a combination of tape and Micro Mask (something I don’t think I’ll use for chipping again). The color is straight Testors insignia red. No thinner, no mix. The liquid mask did not get as crisp or “chippy” of an edge so I had to get creative with the application. Good, but not perfect. Someday I’ll try the salt method.
Overall I really like the results. I went through the references and painting all the odd colored panels; tan, lighter gray, and darker gray mostly. I went back around the chipping with a brush and mix of medium sea gray and white (closest match on hand).
The lighting looks good! A little more cleanup is needed around the bridge viewport and glazing needs to be installed. Regardless, she’s alive!