SMA BSC #1: 1/48 Tamiya Fw190D-9 JV44 “Red 3″ pt8

Finally got around to adding all the other little bits and pieces, as well as mounting the canopy parts. I guess I measured the length of wire pretty exactly because it ended up being perfectly taught when the canopy went down.

The next big step is applying the HGW rivets and such. This is a long haul multi-step process so I figured I’d start with the easier fabric covered surfaces. They came out nice but the differences between the Eduard and Tamiya Dora’s becomes a bit more clear…some of the HGW parts had to be trimmed to fit. Overall they didn’t go down too bad but some little pieces came up when the backing paper was removed.

And for the heck of it I put on the elevator rivets and let them dry overnight to see if the longer dry time made a difference (it didn’t!). So I can do rivets and leave them for a bit with confidence. These are going to be a nice subtle look. A touch of light sanding after painting will really make these pop just so.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.