Once again the itch stuck and I whipped out my chrome-plated Tamiya 1/48 P-51D. I figured it’d be a lot easier because of the whole no priming and painting thing. For the most parts that’s true but it also requires a lot of extra care while handling because of the touchy chrome plating. Sure is shiny though.
The gear doors fit nice and snugly so I only used a little bit of white glue (should hold up OK). Everywhere else I had to be REALLY careful about the use of glue because the plating fogs up really easily. Decal wise I’m using a combination of Aeromaster’s Double Trouble, Two checkered nose set and some D-Days stripes from the company that puts their decals in blue paper envelopes. Can’t remember what the name is off the top of my head. Anyway, here’s progress.