1/48 Mi-24v Hind Super Build: Canopy redux

I ended up getting a second kit so I could start with a fresh canopy. Crystal clear! I also used Eduard’s mask for the Trumpeter kit and there were some fit issues…but I made it work.

The starboard chip LED solder joints broke so I had to dig for another, slightly larger chip in my stash. Some material from the top of the wing had to be removed to make room. It will have to be back filled. And to address the scale issue of the luminosity, yes, it is bright. It’s partly the camera and partly that it hasn’t been finished out yet…which will come at a much later stage.

Since I’m using Round 2’s dome base, I added a support block inside the fuselage belly where I’ll be drilling for the support rod.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.