Bench Update: Bonaventure nearing completion

Been hard at work this week painting! I did pre-shading with Tamiya flat black…but perhaps I should have used some flat base mixed in because when I applied the thinned down base-coat mix of white-camo gray it cracked!!! Seriously this kit has been cursed from the get-go. I’m trying my damnest to be good and take it slow, etc.

Anyway, I sanded down the problem spots and then opted for a flat white base on the whole thing. It’ll be fine because I know the 2500 decals took nicely to a flat white coat (actually I used a pearlescent…). I did all the detail painting utilizing Micro Mask and am pretty happy with it. The deflector dish is Testors brass.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s