Bench Update: 1/72 E-Wing MkII progress

More work done on the preview!  Thank goodness the kit comes with 3 canopies because this is the least well engineered piece.  My fault, I know…It was my first attempt at engineering a vacu-form canopy.  It’s not perfect but I did pretty well with it.  (Note: the Skiprays will be done better…resin canopy frame with vacu-form window panels :P)  The first attempt I used Micro mask and planned on trimming it prior to priming, etc but when I started trimming it to attach to the fuselage, I fucked up.  So I did another one and opted for a vinyl mask.  Much better result.  The clean up isn’t perfect either…but oh well.

After it was primed I ran a tiny brush with some MiG pigments in the panel lines to do a little pre-shading.  I still haven’t got that method down…the problem mostly lies with my first layer paint application methods.  Anyway, I did a mix of light gray with a little aluminum mixed in…just a touch.  The canopy masks peeled off really nicely and a little thinner cleaned up the gunk pretty well.  The mechanical areas were hit with some Testors metalizer titanium, which looks really nice, too.  More painting and hopefully decals tonight.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s