Bench Update: MkII wings done!

Oh yeah! The wings are done!!! The underside detailing areas got a little boost; I pulled out a couple details and built up the edge by .015″. Looks much cleaner, less cluttered, etc. I also used a bunch of PE parts to get the hinge mechanism flushed out to match the BrandX render. Pretty good job, no? 🙂 The screen area in front is a little bulkier than I would like but I was all of out .010″ and vinyl would have shown the screen pattern underneath. The insides of the wings, the edges that bump up against the main hull, got lips to match the lips on the hull. So for assembly the wing lip rests upon the hull lip and the forthcoming hinge sets the proper angle. It might not be the most solid system but it will sure look cool.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s