Bench Update: More Nebulon Progress

A little more work done.  This one is definitely a slow one because A) I want to take my time and do it right and B) this is prime T-h-e-s-i-s time, if you haven’t noticed the other posts on my blog…

I finally finished shaping all the windows, especially the surgical bay windows.  At some point there will be little lit up rooms there…so a clear piece of plastic will go in there once the armor pieces are laid on.  Still not sure how to go about the bigger, more square windows.  It’ll probably hot glue to get more diffused light; clear resin would be too clear.  But I also drilled ALL the rest of the windows…and there are a lot of them.  The toughest part was the engineering section.  I ended up gutting the bottom out so that’ll need replacing at some point.

Knowing that there is going to be electronics eventually made me want to reinforce the weakest part: the neck.  Rather than try and snake a rod and a bunch of wires through it I just gut it down the middle and filed it so it would fit flat.  Now the neck is nice and straight!  It’s also a piece that will need a bit of accurizing/detailing.  I might toss in a little magnet piece for a 1k Falcon to dock. 🙂  Also, since the openings where all the antennas will be were…well…open I placed some hunks of resin behind them so that the drill can bite into something.  Once all of that was done I hit the insides with chrome for better light reflection once lit.  Good times.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s